Thursday, August 23, 2012

Homelife

Our homegrown tomato(es).  O, so nice.
Bathtime.

Sonya Jpusa is the other baby in our homegroup.  Exactly four weeks younger than Soren.
Garden goodness...



This pepper plant is called a "Carmen."

Homemade granola.
Vaccine bandaids :(

Our "new" car.
Car Story:  About two weeks ago, a sweet man who volunteers at OCP asked Philip if he knew of anyone who needed a used car.  We did so the man decided to sell us the car for a really good deal.  Philip got the car on Tuesday.  That same Tuesday I went trotting off to Charlottesville with Soren in the old car.  On the way back, not a half hour after talking to Philip and hearing about the new car's arrival, my clutch busted coming down Afton Mt.  I made it to a gas station in Waynesboro.  Philip came to pick me up in the new car!  How ironic.  We are so thankful for the gift of this new car!


 Fixin' to make my first potpie.
Yum. 
 Pot pie story: The potpie was well on its way to being almost perfectly made as far as I could tell.  Flaky crust, hearty filling, etc, etc.  As I slid the cast iron pan into the oven, I looked over on the counter.  "What is the baking powder doing out?" I thought.
O, no!  I used BP instead of cornstarch to thicken the filling, no wonder it fizzed so dramatically.
In spite of all this craziness, we didn't taste the BP and enjoyed the pie.

SWEET SOREN!




Soren update: Every night at the beach, Soren slept exactly 8 hours and then 3-4 hours.  Wonderful, sweet rest!  After finding himself back in his old haunts, he has reverted to 5-6 hour chunks but I'm still hoping a new trend is developing.  In other news, Soren is smiling and staring directly at us now.  There are no words to describe his sweetness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last pic is my new favorite Soren image! LOVE IT!!! So awesome about the new car! God is on top of things- wow! Love you guys. CM

Anonymous said...

the 'sweet soren' photo is darling darling darling!!! missing the little guy! auntL

Anonymous said...

i agree, i love that last picture of soren. he is adorable! i'm glad that even though i'm so far away, you still think about me when you pick out your pepper varieties :) so glad about the car too. God is good! Love you, Carmen