Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lambs

To put a plug in for OCP's boxwood wreathes: we have had ours hanging on the door since Thanksgiving and it just turned brown in March. But I had a difficult time taking it down because I love a wreath on the door, so Philip (sweet man) bought me an Etsy dried flower wreath to replace it and to celebrate the happy three years we've shared being married. I think he really wanted me to take that wreath down:)


As spring leaps upon us, we have found the back country road walk on Willow Run (just behind our house) to be relaxing and beautiful at any hour of the day. Especially in the evenings, as the sun is setting over a long ridge of mountains and green farms, Philip and I love to walk between green pastures and spy baby calves and, very recently, flocks of baby sheep! A year ago, we were excited about one little lamb growing at Nazareth Village. This year we love to stand and see which mamas are new from the previous day. The lambs that are just a little older, say, a day or two, go leaping around trying to find something to eat and watching the funny gliding guineas roam through their pasture and pen. These babies are two adorable for words!


And just as new moms (humans anyway) seem to become obsessed with pictures of their new ones, I'm already showing off our little, jumping baby. With all these spring babies, we can't wait to meet ours!
29 1/2 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! you look amazing Betsy! I can't wait to meet our new niece/nephew. love to the three of you. Carmen